The Now Habit
How to go from procrastination to quality work
The Now Habit offers us a method for overcoming the causes of procrastination and shake off its effects. He uses simple and practical language to explain how we can use the symptoms of procrastination to trigger a positive change, overcome our perfection and fear of failure, use our worry to our advantage and get more done in less time by working in a state of flow. He also suggests ways that we can help other procrastinators to become more productive and efficient.
Many useful tips to:
- Learn an effective system that will enable to pass from procrastination to production.
- Realise that fun and play are essential for working well and willingly.
- Change our inner dialogue in a way that supports us through to the achievement of our objectives.
How to understand whether we are procrastinators
How we respond to the following statements (yes or no) can reveal our tendency to procrastinate:
- life seems like a long to do list that I never get to the end of;
- I am not realistic about time, I am always late and I struggle to understand how much time has passed and how long it takes me to get something done;
- I don’t set precise dates to begin a new project;
- I do not have clear objectives and values;
- I feel unsatisfied, frustrated or depressed;
- I worry about being criticised if I make mistakes;
- my low self-esteem and lack of assertiveness get in the way of me being productive.
The key ideas of "The Now Habit"
Try 4books Premium for free!